Thursday, July 21, 2011

What I'm Watching

I downloaded a bunch of Audrey Hepburn movies. I love her, and love what I have seen, but I don't remember seeing much. I do remember My Fair Lady - I almost have that one memorized. And I recall parts of Sabrina, but I don't think I have ever seen all of the original movie. I may not have seen Roman Holiday before...

My first reaction: She's so Young! (24 when it came out? She looks younger than that, but she always did look pretty young.)

She's just perfect. Audrey plays innocent and childish so convincingly, then she learns some lessons, matures, and is fantastic at portraying that, too. Plus, she looks fantastic even when acting drugged by sleep medicines. And it's a cute story.

But Damn, that girl is teeeeeny tiny.


And somehow I'm in a Top Model phase, which I think came from my Project Runway phase. (If you like the top model premise at all, I definitely recommend Australia's and New Zealand's over the pitiful US version, but thoughts for another time.) I am currently watching Britain's 4th season, though I have already seen the 6th by download before I realized the rest were on youtube.

I am not a Top Model expert or anything, since I tend to have these on in the background while I work - I can't recall most of the contestants, but it is still some mindless fun and pretty pictures (I could do without the cat-fights). But I have to admit, I do enjoy when contestants throw a fit over the hair or posing nude... they knew what they were signing up for.

This is sad, Audrey in the same post as Top Model, but that is what I am currently watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment