Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Obsessed with Yogurt

You may recall that I reviewed a local Build your own Yogurt shop. That was my first time at a place like that, and only about 3 weeks ago. Since then, I have gone to almost every self-serve yogurt place I have seen... At Freeziac in the Mall of America in Minnesota,

At Chilly Billy's in the collegetown (Dinkytown) by the University of Minnesota,

And another one in Maryland (in Nottingham, near White Marsh), Yogi Castle. (Hubby and I both got one.)


These are my new favorite desserts. They might sound costly at close to 50 cents per ounce (considering they usually have 16-ounce or bigger cups), but it has always been reasonable for me. I guess because I don't fill the whole cup with yogurt, which is heavier than the toppings. Though I do like the fruit toppings, which I was worried would get heavy, but I still haven't paid over $5 for my yogurt and fruit creations.

I recommend trying out these new-fangled yogurt shops. They seem to be popping up all over the place, some with a modern look and some that look more family-oriented. The modern ones can look a little intimidating, but they really are generally all the same. Some do have more flavors (Yogi Castle had snickerdoodle, toffee, cookies and cream, and cake batter, in addition to chocolate, vanilla, fruit yogurts, fruit sorbets, and more), some have more toppings to choose from (the ones in Minnesota had more fruit options), and some have more unique flavors (like yogoya, the first one I reviewed, had taro yogurt). But any one would be good to visit to try out building your own yogurt to see if you like it as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment