Sunday, August 28, 2011

Natural Disaster Week Update

Hurricane Irene has gone through. I still have power, and I don't see any trees down or deep puddles, but there are plenty elsewhere nearby. Saturday was overcast and drizzly all day, then rains picked up a bit later, like closer to 6p and winds started to pick up. I stayed inside, like we should, so I don't have any interesting experiences, just weird noises from the wind. I was expecting power to go out, so we got lucky that it didn't. Eventually I'll go out and see how the nearby stream and the roads are (if the streetlights are functioning). I don't plan to go out much yet since there are scattered areas of electricity outages and tree stuff in the roads. But school is currently planned to run on a normal schedule, so I'll be walking out and about tomorrow unless the status changes. Will take pictures if I see anything interesting.

All safe here. Hope everyone else is doing well.

1 comment:

  1. phew..
    glad it's over and things are all ok..
    i've watched it on the news and was sure it didn't effect your area..
    but wow! i was surprised that u actually felt it sooo close!

    ReplyDelete